Thursday 17 January 2013

I Obeyed the Law

I'm not a big fan of personal posts, they feel all touchy feely and that's not really in keeping with my distaste for social interaction. But for this special, nay monumental event I've decided to throw my neurosis out of the window for the next few minutes to show off my latest DVD acquisition. It's my favourite movie of 2012, holds the title for the best comic book movie ever made as voted for by myself and the constituents of a rotten borough somewhere near Swansea and most of all puts your faith back in good old fashioned violence. That's right, it's The Amazing Spiderman. I just can't get enough of Andrew Garfield and his exciting new take on web slinging and the power/responsibility paradigm. Just take a look.

Nope, that's not Andrew Garfield.
As you can see I was misleading you with super sleuth like cunning. This isn't some two bit cash in that no one asked for, this is Dredd and as you may know from my previous review I am something of a fan of Karl Urban's take on Mega City Ones greatest law enforcer. I won't regale you with the specifics again so take a look here.  But if you haven't already, check this gem of mature comic book film making out. It didn't do well at the box office being an 18 and for that reason alone we're probably not going to see a sequel, but maybe if we mobilise, shake our fists and flush the studio with exemplary DVD sales we can see Dredd kicking ass and taking names sometime in the next twenty to thirty years. So buy it and make sure it's the right copy as no one should suffer Sly, especially if taken unawares.

Failure to purchase this DVD will result in a sentence of three years in the Cubes with no opportunity for parole.  Carry on citizen.

No comments:

Post a Comment